Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Please Pour Out Your Lil' Cup of HATERADE!





Can we all get along, PLEASE! Women, you know that sometimes we are the worst one's when it comes to straight HATIN'. I find the one's that "hate" the most are the one's always talkin' bout people hating on them, "sorry, AINT NOBODY THANKIN' BOUT YOU BOO". I might have haters, I might not, but I don't care because I'm not thinking about them. For those of you who don't know, "hatin'" is slang for jealousy, and it happens all too often especially among females. I'm guilty of it myself. Sometimes I do it unconciously, and I might make a criticism of another female, and think "well I'm just sayin what it is, I'm not hatin'" but the truth is YES I AM. My Sunday school Teacher (Shout out to Evangelist Selandra) taught us that Jelousy is a result of your fear that somebody is going to somehow take something from you, or get something you want, and envy is when that person has already got something you want, and you wish it was you. This behaviour is TOXIC. Often times we get so occupied with looking over the fence at someone else's yard, we fail to see the beautiful daisies God planted in our yard. You're STOMPING all over your own flowers just to get a better look at theirs.


The first step in pouring out your cup of hatorade, is admitting you have one. I know we ALL think we are perfect, and could care less about others, but some of us have developed a mean "I'm better than you" or "I'm not jealous 'cause everybody wants to be like me" spirit as a defense mechanism, which actually is fueled by jealousy. The second step is learning how to sincerely rejoice with others in their victories and successes. YOU DON'T KNOW what that person had to go through, or what they are currently going through to get to where they are or have what they have. Recognize that we are not all blessed in the same way. God may give one person a big mansion on the hill, and you a small apartment in the hood, but you may have a strong close family unit, and that person may struggle with loneliness or a disfunctional family. This is not to say that this is always the case, some people have great things, and are genuinely perfectly happy, so don't try to convince yourself that there must be something wrong in their life just to make yourself feel better. Just remember that your blessing will come too, even if it doesn't look like theirs. God has a blessings box for all of us, but hatin' on others only destroys what it is that God is trying to give YOU.


Practice saying a kind word to someone else today, even to your enemies. It's ok to say to another female "I love your dress" or "girl, that's a fly ride!" (sincerely too, don't lie and say its fly when you know it's a raggedy mess, which is another form of jealousy). Lets be kind to each other, pour out our cup of haterade and fill it with a glass of champagne to toast to another persons victory!....just a word of advice.

1 comment: